Saturday, February 16, 2013

An Evening Out

After a pleasant morning and afternoon playing with S, R, and their cousin, I decided to take the ol' camera out for a walk around town. The lighting was really flat and a little dark, so I checked out some streets I hadn't been before. Surprisingly, I learned shops and most restaurants aren't open at 5:00pm on Saturdays (what?), but I did find a little convenient store open with a great looking ginger ale I had to try. I made my way across the street to the harbor with my delicious beverage in hand and casually snapped a few long exposures (though I didn't have my tripod with me). Hafnarfjordur at night is pretty in the most simple and content of ways.

(I wasn't really planning on taking a panorama, but decided to throw one together after I got home. The composition is a little... unique, but I thought it was still worth showing.)


A view from the opposite side of the harbor from the side I live on. For some reason Hafnarjfordur reminds me of the city next to the city I grew up in (Springville, Utah). It's not at all the same in ANY way really, except the feel in size is sort of similar. It feels like (and is) a small town, but has many good resources and is quite close to bigger and more touristy areas.


As I made my way back, I couldn't help but maneuver down some slippery rocks and lay uncomfortably contorted while balancing my camera dangerously like a ninja just to snag this shot.


Anyway, it was a nice little evening out with a tasty ginger ale. And I had just the right timing to come home before the who city turned into a cold wind tunnel. Now I can listen to the howling wind from the comfort of my cozy room.

(PS, just a reminder: you can click on the images to make them bigger. The panoramas especially look much better when seen in more detail!)

(PPS, that's what she said?)

(PPPS, sorry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment